Ways to save a web page on an iPhone or Android phone
You can save a web page permanently on your phone – not just as a bookmark, but as a permanent file. Here are some ways:
• iPhone – Use the square button with the arrow on the bottom of the screen to “Add to Reading List”. You can later read it offline. To open your Reading List, tap the Bookmarks button, then tap the Reading List tab.
• Android – If you use Google Chrome, you can save a webpage by tapping on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner of the screen, then tap the Download icon (the arrow pointing down).
• Android – You can save a webpage as a pdf. First, open the page you want to save in Chrome, tap the three-dot menu button in the top-right corner of the screen, tap Share, then tap Print. Once Android has finished creating a preview of the page you want to save, tap the Save to drop-down menu at the top of the page. Select Save to Google Drive to upload a PDF of the page to your Drive account (make sure you pick the right one if you’re signed in to multiple Google accounts), or tap Save as PDF to save the file to your handset’s local storage.
Tip of the month
iPad Tips You Should Know
1. Use your iPad as a magnifying
You can use your iPad’s camera as a magnifying glass. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn on Magnifier, which lets you triple-click the Home button to use the camera to zoom in on small details. Use the Filter button to enhance the image, and the shutter button to freeze and unfreeze it.
2. Unlock without pressing the Home Button –
You can press the home button to unlock your iPad or just by resting your finger on the button. For the latter, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button and tap the toggle switch to turn on Rest Finger to Open.
3. Check yourself out –
iOS 10.3 added a new profile section at the top of Settings that rounds up all your account information. It provides convenient access to your iCloud, iTunes, App Store and Family Sharing information along with a list of all the Apple devices you’ve linked to these accounts.