Improve Battery Life on your iPad
1. Lower screen brightness – Settings – Display & Brightness
2. Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when they are not needed – Settings or Control Center
3. Turn off AirDrop – Control Center
4. Limit Background App Refresh – Settings – General – Background App Refresh
5. Limit Notifications – Settings – Notifications
6. Check which apps are battery hogs – Settings – Battery
7. Keep your software up to date – Settings – General – Software Update
Tip of the month
Find out if your email address appears in any database that has been compromised
A massive database of stolen passwords has surfaced online. This database is composed largely of passwords from a variety of sources, and YES, many of them are old, but this is a source of concern.
I won’t preach about the virtues of changing your passwords often and making them tough, that is a given. But here is a website where you can actually check to see if your email address appears in any database that has been compromised. I checked mine and it showed that my address was found in two breached sites – LinkedIn and DropBox. A “breach” is an incident where a site’s data has been illegally accessed by hackers and then released publicly. Information about the breaches will let you know when they occurred.